So, one of my new favorite bloggers is Juli at PaleOMG! I love her witty, ADD filled writing. She’s a touch on the rough side, but in the kitchen she is sheer genius!! I have made a ton of her recipes. It’s like I read it, then run to the kitchen to make it! It was the same with this. I read her post on frittatas and 45 minutes later mine was done!
I did make a couple of modifications to it. Tim said it was delicious, which is a word he is reluctant to use, so I know this one is a winner!
Delicious Caramelized Onion Bacon Frittata
Borrowed from PaleOMG
- 6 eggs, whisked (Or eggs whites if you want less cholesterol)
- 4-5 strips of bacon
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil (to grease your 8×8 glass baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First cook your bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
- Dry bacon between two paper towels and set aside.
- While pan is still hot and over medium heat, add your sliced onions to the bacon grease (trust me on this one!!)
- Cooking down for about 8-10 minutes, continuously stirring onions to help them from burning.
- While the onions are caramelizing, whisk eggs until fluffy. Crumble bacon and add that, eggs, kale and peppers to your pan.
- Once your onions are caramelized, place the onions on top throughout the baking dish, covering all the eggs and bacon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes of until your eggs are completely cooked through in the middle.
Do you have a favorite egg breakfast recipe??